Sunday, November 14, 2010

Fahrenheit Vs. Centigrade

The temperature in Winnipeg right now is 30 degrees Fahrenheit.

The average temperature in Winnipeg in December is 14 to -2 degrees F.

My phone is set to tell me the temperature in Winnipeg whenever I hit a button. I compare this to the weather in Atlanta to try to get an idea of what I am in for. When I see my Canadian friend at work I look to my phone to give an update. I say “Hey there, It’s only 38 degrees in Winnipeg!” What I mean is that 38 degrees is tolerable for me. I have been in 38-degree weather. In fact, I have even been in 20-degree weather a time or two!

His reply is always:  “Ah, one month’s time will be just long enough for it to cool down for you.”

He’s also told me that apparently I have to start deciphering Fahrenheit from Centigrade for my trip, but what I figure is after I get there pretty much anything below 20 degrees F is going to be too damn cold to comprehend, so what does it matter!~










And on that note: John K. Samson explains Winnipeg in February at a writers in the round:


John K. Samson - One Great City from Peadanjo on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment