Thursday, December 9, 2010

Holy Weakerthan, Batman!


The article in Winnipeg's Uptown Magazine is out!  It's the cover story.




I am so absolutely, completely and utterly honored by this article.... it nearly put me in tears.  I feel kinda silly being such a focus in the article, I really do.  But then I think about the fact that everything I said, feel and think about the Weakerthans comes from a completely genuine place of respect and adoration.... as a fan and as a musician.  So, I am putting that embarrassed feeling away and proudly wearing my badge as a Weakerthans ambassador.

I would love to know what you think.

11 comments:

  1. I picked up my Uptown this morning, and just finished reading the cover story. I enjoyed your sentiments so much! I'm excited that you get to come up to Winnipeg and see these shows, and I have no doubt you will have a fabulous time. (it really is cold though, I wish it was a stereotype but-no, it's reality) See you at the shows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Ash. Thank so much! I am pretty darn excited about it. I'm glad my sentiments came across well. Been planning for months and can not believe it's just around the corner!

    I have heard the Winnipeggers are a friendly people ;) so I hope to make some new friends while there too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Andy - Check your myspace mail for an exciting invitation to international fame while you're in Winnipeg...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great article. Winnipeg welcomes you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Mike! I am excited to meet you Winnipeg folk in person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopefully you are able to make The Albert show...truly a Winnipeg Music Institution! I managed to snag a ticket last week. Maybe we'll see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I will be there! :) I got that ticket situated months ago! I have heard about the Albert and am excited to see it for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please come back to Winnipeg in the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You guys are making it hard not to seriously consider that.

    But Sxsw and the Winnipeg Folk fest in the same year is gonna be hard on the wallet. Well see. It is under consideration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As a person who lives in Toronto but volunteers at the Wpg Folk Fest every summer, it is something you just have to plan to attend some day! Camping with all the other Folkies, and listening to some incredible world beat music is my grounding weekend every year.

    ReplyDelete