Monday, December 13, 2010

Radio, Radio - Georgia music in Manitoba on CKUW!

I am starting to feel a little ridiculous with all the attention from the Blog.  On Friday the stats for blog traffic increased exponentially and the audience went from being American (my friends, basically) to being mostly Canadian.  Nice! People have also been giving me advice on things to see and do while there which is graciously appreciated.

And now I have been invited to stop by CKUW 95.9 FM to hang out with Stu during his radio show called Twang Trust on Wednesday night.  From what I understand Stu is a Winnipeg radio staple and has an honorable and loyal following.  The best thing is he has agreed to let me play some Georgia music while I am there!

If you know me, you know I am pretty darn proud of the music that this state sprouts.  In fact, my band owes such great homage to the Georgia Music Show on Album 88 for being so supportive and for letting us write their theme song many moons ago.  So, I now get to pay it forward by taking their lead and playing some Georgia's music for Manitoba!



(Find more artists like The Yum Yum Tree at Myspace Music)

Of course, it all started with REM and the B52's who kinda gave Georgia musicians a license to try anything... and we do!  So, I am very proud to have the opportunity to bring some Georgia music to  play for our Canadian friends to the north.

I am putting together a play list of songs that I feel are less known, but equally as valuable.  I give huge Kudos to Mastodon. Maserati, The Manchester Orchestra, Deerhunter, Snowden, Elf Power, Neutral Milk Hotel, the Whigs, etc for representing GA -- but I think I am gonna stick to slightly more obscure bands.  There are so many good bands, it's going to be hard to choose!

No comments:

Post a Comment